Team English Delivers
Team English at North are thrilled to welcome you into our department. After a curriculum revamp, underpinned by the latest teaching research, our incredible team are so excited to see our students continue to enjoy our lessons and make incredible progress!
As a department, we are passionate about our subject and this shines in our lessons- whether this is an exploration of unheard poetic voices across the world or a deep dive into the psyche of literary characters. Our aim is for every child to become empathetic readers and find their place in the world through literature and non-fiction texts. Through this, we aspire for our students to become confident and competent communicators- opening doors for the rest of their lives.
- Subject specialists from a range of top universities in a range of English fields.
- Research-led teaching, with staff who provide external training to other teachers across the borough.
- A knowledge-rich approach.
- A broad curriculum exploring all aspects of the field- from the literary canon to slam poetry.
- Post-16 experts who teach from Year 9 through to Year 13 daily.
Our staff run sessions to close gaps in English before school and after school. We also have lots of extra-curricular activities from trips to see 'An Inspector Calls' to producing the school student newsletter and public speaking (to name a few!)